Are you coming up with a myriad of reasons why you aren’t able to exercise with intensity today? Don’t let the feeling of being tired keep you from an invigorating workout. Just think of how fantastic you’ll feel afterwards with all the feel good endorphins flowing through your body.
No excuses! Get going! You’ve got this!
Have you ever noticed how two people can do the exact same fitness routine for a period of time and one will have breathtaking results while the other looks the same as when they started?
Why is that?
It’s frustrating when you are the person going through a fitness routine without seeing dramatic results. Might make you look for a reason outside of yourself to blame, such as genetics.
In reality, the thing holding you back is something that you have complete control over: it’s the intensity with which you exercise.
Intensity is something that’s difficult for the outside observer to measure but is felt within your body as you go through the motions of an exercise.
- It’s how hard you push yourself to go as heavy and as quickly as possible.
- It’s picking up a weight that feels hard to handle.
- It’s putting a boost behind each stride as you run.
- It’s resisting the urge to simply go through the motions.
- It’s outdoing your efforts from last time.
Now I understand the urge to put out token effort in your workout, going through the motions while cutting corners along the way. We all have days when the weights feel extra heavy and our energy stores feel depleted, and those days will naturally be less intense.
However, when low intensity workouts are your norm, you simply won’t ever achieve the results that you’re hoping for. And this is something that you completely control.
So, as you go into your next workout, think about the intensity that you’re bringing. Are you pushing yourself with each rep? Could you go heavier? Could you be faster?
Fight the urge to be comfortable while you exercise. There’s plenty of time throughout your day to feel comfortable, just not while you’re working out.
Does this make sense?
Attack your next workout with 100% intensity and set a new standard for yourself to continuously push to become stronger, faster, leaner and more fit.
You’ve got this!
And if you’re not yet one of my awesome clients then call or email today to join the family. Together we will get you into your best shape yet!
Salmon and Lentil Packets
Here’s a recipe for all of you who tell me that you don’t know how to cook. With this simple technique of folding ingredients in a parchment paper packet and baking it in the oven, anyone can make this delicious, nutritious, fitness meal.
This recipe combines tender salmon fillets with fresh kale, savory lentils, tangy cherry tomatoes in a refreshing cilantro dressing. It’s refreshingly delicious, especially considering how healthy all of the ingredients are. Give it a try and let me know what you think…
Courtesy of RealHealthyRecipes.com
Here’s what you need
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry (or white grape juice)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- ½ cup fresh cilantro
- 1 lemon, tested and juiced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 4 (6 oz) salmon fillets
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 8 ounces cooked lentils
- 4 cups kale, steamed and chopped
- 20 cherry tomatoes (various colors, halved)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a blender combine the olive oil, wine, cumin, paprika, cilantro, lemon juice, lemon zest and garlic.
- Season the salmon fillets with ½ teaspoon sea salt and ¼ teaspoon black pepper.
- Cut four 12-by-16-inch pieces of parchment paper and fold each in half. Open the parchment paper and arrange ¼ of the lentils and of the chopped kale in the center of the top half of each parchment. Top with a salmon fillet, 10 tomato halves and ¼ of the cilantro dressing.
- Fold the bottom half of the parchment paper over the salmon and veggies. Start folding and crimping the parchment paper ends together from one end all the way around to the other end, creating a sealed envelope. Fold the end under the packet. The packet should be fully encased, with no breaks in the parchment paper for steam to escape – we need that steam as part of the cooking process! Place the packets on a pan.
- Bake the salmon packets for 25 minutes and remove from the oven. Serve the packets on plates, tearing them open just before serving. If desired, garnish with fresh cilantro, lemon zest and more cherry tomatoes. Enjoy!
One serving equals: 535 calories, 26g fat, 25g carbohydrate, 5g sugar, 389mg sodium, 7g fiber, and 46g protein.
Spread the word. Use the “refer a friend” link below to forward this newsletter to your friends, family, and coworkers.
3201 Loring Road Acworth, GA 30152
Boot Camp Schedule:
6:30am 8:30am& 9:00am
Having Deron as a trainer has helped me in several ways. Deron has the knack for getting me to push myself without making me feel bad about myself, he is more the motivator than a drill sergeant. (this being of utmost importance for a self-conscious woman... ME) His knowledge of form and ability to explain lifts, as well as tips for problem areas has taught me to better myself. Then, when the workout is done he is able to demonstrate stretching that alines with the daily workouts. Deron has been a supportive part in my workout routine, which added with a change in diet has allowed me to reach new life goals for myself. As of now I have lost 42lbs all while gaining strength & toning up!
Great trainer! Deron is very motivating and keeps the workouts challenging and interesting so you don't get bored!
In only a brief amount of time, Deron has helped me overcome body image issues through consistent,personalized training sessions.He does everything a trainer is obligated to do. He motivates his clients to push forward, while working with them to develop healthy eating habits. Yet, he also puts the "personal" in personal trainer. Deron does more thean simply develop a healthy lifestyle. He makes working out fun because he treats his clients less as clients and more as a friend and mentor.
My personal trainer, Deron, made me feel very confortable and was a very enlightening, persuasive person when it came to pushing my limits. I really enjoyed working out with him and getting to know all the training. He taught me a lot and now I can take what I've learned from him and use it in my own workouts. I definately urge other people to get him as thier trainer
Terrific trainer. Expertise in a wide range of disciplines, including olympic, plyometrics, speed, conditioning, balance and flexibility. Deron has a unique and effective way of motivating and keeping his clients on track. Progress is measurable rather quickly, whether it be in improved performance, weight loss or muscle gain/tone. Deron challenges you by consistently asking you to test your limits in healthy, safe ways.
I love working out with Derron. He kept me focused and motivated. He taugh me to not only be fit but to also be healthy! He made the workouts fun and rewarding! Always look forward to our training sessions!
Deron is awesome, he is not all about making you work out but helping you slowly make healthy changes to achieve an overall healthier lifestyle. His workouts are fun and he is always offering something new and challenging.